CheckUVSpec is a quality indicator program for measured global (hemispherical) UV spectra. The input files must be in flexstor format which is the standard format for uploading UV spectra to the European UV database.
1. If you have not already done so from the main fastrt www page, download the model code by pressing here and unpack the CheckUVSpec_vx.xx directory. It has been archived by the unix 'tar' command and compressed by 'bzip2'. Tools to untar and bunzip2 the file can be obtained for free at www.gnu.org, but other compression programs like 'winzip' should work as well. Follow instructions in the README file.
If you use winzip or unix uncompress, this file may be easier to handle: press here
2. If you are a windows user, you may find this WWW page useful:
1. Read basic instructions by pressing here.
2. Download word file describing the CheckUVSpec flags by pressing here.
3. Download a powerpoint file outlining the basic principles of the CheckUVSpec program by pressing here.
4. Specific documentation and stand-alone downloadables for the SHICRIVM program package is available by pressing here. SHICRIVM has been produced by The National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) in the Netherlands, and is included in CheckUVSpec by permission.